Get your Field Guide to Functional Nutrition and secure your $2,000-off Full Body Systems discount!
There aren’t protocols that will work for everyone, but there are systems that will teach you how to work with each client who is seeking your help and support – no matter their symptoms or diagnoses. In this free training, world-renowned Functional Medicine Nutritionist Andrea Nakayama shares her system for success in clinical practice.
The Field Guide to
Functional tools, tips, and mindset shifts.
Steps to take with every client – no matter their signs, symptoms, or diagnoses.
New ways to look at old problems so solutions become more clear.
Specific language to use with clients, to help them understand the advantages of a functional approach to nutrition.
Enter your name and email below to access your Field Guide to Functional Nutrition ebook and secure your $2,000-off Full Body Systems discount:
Why Functional Nutrition Alliance?
The Functional Nutrition Alliance envisions a world where people are empowered to achieve better health outcomes with dietary and lifestyle modifications. This vision depends on a new kind of practitioner — the Functional Nutrition Counselor. Since 2012, we’ve equipped thousands of aspiring Functional Nutrition Counselors, from all types of backgrounds and scopes of practice, with the skills, education, and confidence to lead effective nutrition interventions through our signature online training and certificate course, Full Body Systems. More than that, we’ve built a community of like minded coaches and clinicians working to change healthcare.
Andrea Nakayama founded the Functional Nutrition Alliance in pursuit of this vision. As a Functional Medicine Nutritionist with decades of clinical experience, the breadth of Andrea’s teachings range from systems-based thinking and the science of nutrition, to the power of story and the art of counseling in a patient-centered care model. Through Functional Nutrition Alliance programs like Full Body Systems, Andrea is inspiring and training the next generation of Functional Nutrition Counselors to bring holistic health and healing forward.
Meet Andrea Nakayama
FUNCTIONAL NUTRITIONIST AND EDUCATOR, AND FOUNDER OF THE FUNCTIONAL NUTRITION ALLIANCE
Functional Nutritionist, educator and thought leader Andrea Nakayama is leading patients and practitioners around the world in a revolution to reclaim ownership over our health. Her passion for food as personalized medicine was born from the loss of her young husband to a brain tumor in 2002.
She’s now regularly consulted as the nutrition expert for the toughest clinical cases in the practices of many world-renowned doctors, and she trains thousands of practitioners each year in her methodologies at the Functional Nutrition Alliance so that they too can become the last stop for their clients and patients as well as a trusted referral partner for doctors in their area.
- 10 months of immersive weekly lessons from Andrea Nakayama cover the 7 major body systems and consist of 30-minute audio classes with expert guidance, visuals, handouts, and transcripts.
- 4 mini-modules focused on Andrea’s signature art of counseling.
- Supplemental course materials and curated bonus content enable you to dive deeper into the subject matter to advance your interests.
- Ready-to-use practitioner tools and handouts to put to use immediately with clients, friends, and family.
- Art of Counseling demos and exercises to gain confidence putting what you learn into practice.
- Group mentorship with our nutrition team so you can ask your questions, learn from experienced clinicians, engage with your peers, and explore how to put what you learn into practice.
- Live Q&A sessions with Andrea to explore case studies, art of counseling, and practice development with a master clinician.
- Nutrition team support, 24/7 online forum allowing you to connect with our team of expert nutritionists, as well as fellow students and graduates.
- A second, consecutive year of FBS lessons and live mentorship (your victory lap!) to continue learning and working in community with fellow functionally-minded peers as you build your practice.
- Lifetime access to course materials and practitioner tools to return to as you work with clients.
- Ongoing community and support, as well as access to new content and exclusive education opportunities, with an Alumni membership subscription (optional, additional fees apply).
- Certification upon completion if you elect to take the exam to become a Functional Nutrition Alliance Certified Functional Nutrition Counselor (CFNC). No additional charge.
- Category 1 CEU options if needed for your professional development.
- The opportunity to apply for our post-graduate program, where you can earn the Functional Nutrition Lifestyle Practitioner Certification (FNLP).