Full Body Systems
Functional Nutrition Certification Program
Full Body Systems is a comprehensive online Functional Nutrition immersion, designed by Functional Medicine Nutritionist Andrea Nakayama. Learn to address the roots of your clients’ suffering with client education, diet & lifestyle modification.
What our Functional Nutrition Training
will give you:
In this 10-month online immersion program you’ll get everything you need to become the LAST STOP on your client’s health journey and become that go-to Health Practitioner that other clinicians trust to send any client to (even the toughest cases).
Here’s what you’ll get:
Systems + Tools
The frameworks and tools you need to uncover the unique root causes of your clients’ issues (even those with challenging chronic conditions)
The skills to create individualized treatment plans for your clients, that address root causes and help your clients feel seen, heard and empowered to get better results
Art of Counseling
Insights into the Art of Counseling, allowing you to positively influence your clients to take action and commit to their health goals
Q+A sessions with Functional Medicine Nutritionist Andrea Nakayama and her team of Functional Nutritionists where you’ll get real mentorship with pressing questions answered in real time
Everything you need to practice nutrition in a whole new way: improving your results, boosting your confidence, and becoming the go-to practitioner who can help anyone
Once you complete your training, you will be certified as a Functional Nutrition Alliance Certified Functional Nutrition Counselor (CFNC)
Who our Functional Nutrition Training Program is For
Full Body Systems is for coaches and clinicians, practitioners and aspiring practitioners, holistic, integrative and functional-minded healers who want to get breakthrough results with every client, creating a stream of referrals coming into their practices.
increase patient outcomes with nutrition
You know diet and lifestyle make a difference in someone’s health, and you’re looking to make this important addition to your practice
- get better outcomes with those “tough to reach” clients that have been challenging in the past
- effectively address the modern-day overload of burdens on the body due to lifestyle imbalances
- work with bioindividuality and get patient-centered results
Up-level your practice and help any client
Take your understanding of health and habit change, and transform it into a system that allows you to help the population you’re most passionate about.
- go beyond ‘weight-loss’ and get real results that will make you stand out in the field
- gain confidence working with more complex cases, knowing that you have a system that transcends one-size-fits-all protocols
- learn the secrets to client compliance, even for the most resistant cases
tools you need to harness the power of nutrition
You already know that food and lifestyle make a big difference in someone’s health. You just need the training to let you educate others about its importance.
- take your passion for ‘food as medicine’ and turn it into a career
- learn how food interacts with the unique biology of your clients, so you can make recommendations to suit each individual’s needs
- get all the tools you need to help the people you’re most eager to help
Full Body Systems Program Details
Full Body Systems is a comprehensive and carefully curated online program consisting of 7 body systems, rich bonus material and practice modules, typically completed in 10 months. Once enrolled, you get lifetime access to all the course materials.
The Full Body Systems Curriculum 7 intensives, each covering a different biological system
Understand how this is truly the root of health and can affect (positively or negatively) all the systems of the body
- Learn why healthy digestion is the key to resolving nearly all health issues—even if your client doesn’t have digestive symptoms.
- Strategies to treat microbial imbalances including parasites, candida, infections and more.
- Learn how to address heartburn, acid reflux and GERD—even for clients who are taking acid-blocking drugs.
- Gain a better understanding of Leaky Gut—why everyone is talking about it and what you can do about it.
- Learn the top foods that help the digestive tract and how to help your clients include them in their daily routine.
- Understand the key supplements to aid digestive healing and know how to use them in a protocol for your clients.
Discover the keys to immunity and how auto-immune challenges can be reversed
- Learn how the immune systems works and why symptoms like seasonal allergies and food
sensitivities occur in the first place.
- Gain a true understanding of inflammation and learn how to help your clients reduce
inflammation in their bodies.
- Know how to identify if someone has a food sensitivity and what to do about it.
- Understand autoimmunity and learn how to work with all types of autoimmune conditions
including Hashimoto’s, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and more.
- Learn how to support a client with a cancer diagnosis through food, supplements and
- Discover the immune system heroes: foods, supplements and lifestyle practices that make
the biggest impact for immune system support.
- Find out which foods dampen and distract the immune system so that you can help your
clients avoid them.
Adrenal issues, problems with blood pressure, water retention, prostate issues and interstitial cystitis are on the rise and you can uncover their causes
- Understand the importance of the urinary system and how it impacts your health.
- Discover how to help clients alleviate water retention and uncomfortable bloating.
- Help clients treat and reduce urinary tract infections (UTIs) with food, supplements and
- Learn how to help clients manage the symptoms and pain associated with Interstitial
- Strategies to help avoid kidney stones and tools to help address them and mitigate the pain if
they do occur.
- Understand how the kidneys function so you can help clients with chronic kidney disease or
Understand how to work with clients and patients with heart disease (it’s easier than you think)
- Gain a deep knowledge of how the cardiovascular system functions.
- Understand the symptoms and causes of cardiovascular disease (CVD)—the number one
killer in the U.S. and other western countries.
- Learn how to assess blood lipid panels, cholesterol levels and other key lab markers
that determine your client’s risk for cardiovascular disease.
- Get the truth about dietary fats and find out which fats you should (and should not) be
recommending to your clients.
- Understand how statins work and learn about alternatives for your clients—even if they have
been taking statins for years.
- Learn how meditation and mindfulness based practice can have an impact on your client’s
Unlock hormone imbalances with a greater understanding of blood sugar, cortisol and the cascade of hormones that impact the health of your clients
- Understand the symphony of hormones and how the endocrine system functions.
- Gain insight on why blood sugar balance is key for treating nearly all symptoms and diseases.
- Strategies to help clients with blood sugar issues including metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and diabetes.
- Know the symptoms and causes of adrenal fatigue to help clients determine if it’s a factor in their health.
- Learn the key herbs and supplements to support adrenal health to help your clients address adrenal fatigue.
- Understand how hormone imbalance can impact insomnia and what to do about it.
- Learn how to address hypothyroid and Hashimoto’s through food, supplements and lifestyle practices.
Prepare to help those with mood disorders, “leaky brain” and even traumatic brain injuries
- Understand the Gut-Brain connection and how psychological and mental challenges
can stem from the digestive system.
- Learn strategies for addressing ADHD and autism spectrum disorders.
- Learn how to help clients heal from traumatic brain injuries, including concussions,
strokes and surgery.
- Find out which therapies and protocols can help your client’s brain power (and yours, too).
- Understand what’s happening with Alzheimer’s and dementia so you can help clients manage the disease and associated symptoms.
- Understand the aging process and how it affects the brain, so you can help your clients
focus on memory and cognitive function.
- Find out the key foods and supplements for alleviating depression and anxiety.
Puberty to menopause and everything in between are now within your reach to address in practice
- Gain a deep understanding of how the female reproductive system functions.
- Uncover how to reduce the symptoms associated with Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS).
- Understand estrogen dominance including how to identify it and the key steps to addressing it.
- Know the foods, supplements and lifestyle practices to help address PCOS, fibroids and
- Gain insight on the causes of infertility and learn how to help your clients who are working to increase their chances of getting pregnant.
- Find out the best foods for mama and baby for pregnancy, breastfeeding and beyond.
- Strategies to help relieve the symptoms associated with menopause including hot flashes,
night sweats, weight gain and brain fog.
Through this course, you’ll also get tools for:
- Talking about what you do
- Enrolling prospective clients
- Conducting a successful initial session
- Keeping clients coming back
- Creating compliance
- Cracking cases/getting to the root causes
- Building your practice
- Expanding your reach/influencing healthcare at large
While the Full Body Systems curriculum is rich in content, Andrea Nakayama always likes to include bonus content that will enrich your experience in the curriculum.
- The Functional Nutrition Toolkit (the tools that Andrea’s team actually
uses in her clinic at the Functional Nutrition Alliance) including a
Functional Medicine Timeline, the Functional Nutrition Matrix, and many
trackers that you can use with your clients right away.
- Images, outlines, handouts, resource articles and more materials that
you can use to solidify the information discussed in class and help
explain things in your own practice!
- Bonus sessions designed by Andrea on key issues of interest to the
community no matter your scope (from kids’ immunity to tactics on
completing a Client Action Form to working with serum lab values)
- Done-4-You Protocols detailing Andrea’s clinical favorites for select conditions
- Book lists detailing Andrea’s favorite resources
- Over 45 Interviews with leaders in Functional Medicine such as:
• Dr. Terry Wahls, MD
• Dr. Jolene Brighten, ND
• Lara Adler, Environmental Toxin Educator for Health Professionals
• Dr. Stephen Masley, MD
• Dr. Tom O’Bryan, DC, CCN, DACBN
• And many more!
Functional Nutrition Certification
Once you complete your training and pass the Certification exams, you will be certified as a Functional Nutrition Alliance Certified Functional Nutrition Counselor (CFNC).
The Functional Nutrition Alliance is accredited by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) and the American Association of Wellness Practitioners (AANWP), meaning once you complete Full Body Systems you are eligible to apply for board certification.
Continuing Education Units:
Participation in Full Body Systems will grant you 30 Category 1 CEUs with the National Association of Nutrition Professionals and 40 CEUs with the Heath Coach Alliance.
Through your participation in Full Body Systems, you are also approved for up to 60 CE units with the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching.
*Accrediting organization is not recognized by the US Department of Education. The Idaho State Board of Education does not recognize accreditation organizations that are not recognized by and in good standing with the US Department of Education.
Full Body Systems Price
We offer competitive tuition rates, enrollment bonuses, and generous seasonal discounts!
Pay in full and receive our lowest available tuition rate, or make convenient payments over time.
Full Body Systems is competitively priced, with flexible payment options available. Guarantee your seat in the next FBS program now.
Connect with one of our Admissions Advisors now to learn out more about our flexible payment options and special discounts we’re currently running!
Connect with one of our Admissions Advisors by calling 1 844-246-6335 for best pricing available and to find out if you qualify for special discounts and flexible payment options!
You can return this program within 14 days of the first class for a refund. See our refund policy for more details.
Why you’ll love our Nutrition Training Program
We have designed this program to be engaging, convenient and rich with opportunities
to connect to our team and to each other.
Full Body Systems includes
26 weekly 90-minute audio classes.
listen at your convenience
Each week, a new audio is released and posted to your dedicated Member Page so you can listen at your own convenience.
Quizzes to track your progress
Quizzes to help you integrate the materials and test your knowledge
live Q&A sessions with Andrea and her Nutrition Team
15 live 60-min sessions with Andrea’s Nutrition Team where you can ask them ANYTHING. 9 2-hour session with Andrea where you’ll receive mentorship on client cases and the Art of Counseling
24/7 help from nutrition team
Through the Message Board, Andrea and the dedicated team of Functional Nutrition Counselors from her very own clinic are available to answer questions.
Support from your community
The entire community of students have the opportunity to connect with each other to discuss case studies, current challenges they are facing in practice, and to dive deeper into course materials.
Lifetime access to this searchable gold mine
The Message Board acts as a second classroom and a searchable gold mine for answers to any question you encounter in practice (now or in the future).
Career Opportunities for Functional Nutrition Counselors
Upon graduation from Full Body Systems, you’ll have everything you need to make the impact in healthcare that you’re most passionate about.
We have successful graduates who:
Offer one-on-one Functional Nutrition counseling to the population they’re most eager to serve. Some people work in person, and others work entirely online creating their own successful micro practices.
Add Functional Nutrition counseling services to their existing practice Think
bodywork, holistic cooking, acupuncture, naturopathy, herbalism, personal training or other forms of natural health.
Develop, teach and lead health and nutrition programs Get paid to speak, to teach or deliver online programs in a corporate, academic, or health setting. We
even have graduates who lead retreats.
Partner with doctors and other practitioners Work in partnership with other practitioners, including some of the most esteemed Functional Medicine practices.
Reviews from our students
Full Body Systems filled in the gaps and rounded out my nutritional training. It has given me the confidence to work with clients that have chronic conditions like Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto’s and whatever else comes up.This program is a gift, it towers above any other nutritional training that I’ve taken!Shelly Foland
I came into FBS as a certified health coach with a Paramedic and fitness background, so I knew my science. I was excited to see how science merges with food. This is EXACTLY what Andrea teaches. She brings in tough scientific concepts and transforms them to be easy to use with clients right away.Selena Maestas Moffitt
I would not have the knowledge base or the confidence to run my own detox program if it weren’t for all of the education and experience that I have learned by participating in Andrea’s programs.Jennifer Engels
I have so much more confidence after this training. I now support a functional medicine doctor, I am able to understand the protocols he is using, and be in a better position to support clients. Plus, when an issue comes up with a client, I now have so many resources to go back to!Marla Hewitt
This investment paid for itself ten-fold as I now am able to partner with functional doctors who send me referrals that I wouldn’t have been able to help without the knowledge I gained in Full Body Systems.Chris DeHollander
How this program came to be:
Meet Andrea Nakayama
Hi, I’m Andrea, and over the past few years I’ve supported over 4000 practitioners (including Nurse Practitioners, Health Coaches, Nutritionists, Naturopathic and Functional Medicine Doctors, Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Holistic Chefs, aspiring clinicians and more) to utilize the systems that consistently deliver better results and outcomes with their patients and clients.
My road to understanding the power of nutrition began with a personal tragedy. My young husband, Isamu, was diagnosed with a fatal brain tumor when I was just 7 weeks pregnant with our only child.
It was in overcoming his prognosis of six months and prolonging his life for another two years that my expanding interest in food as personalized medicine became my full-time passion and purpose…
Schedule a free session to get all your unique questions
answered and secure your seat!
Enroll in Full Body Systems Today!
Connect with one of our Admissions Advisors for the best pricing available and to find out if you
qualify for special discounts and flexible payment options!
What is Functional Nutrition Lab?
Functional Nutrition Lab is a school that offers in-depth Functional Nutrition training for health providers of all levels. Full Body Systems, our nutrition immersion program, skillfully blends the art of practice with the science of nutrition. Functional Nutrition Lab was created by Functional Medicine Nutritionist Andrea Nakayama to help coaches and practitioners achieve the same clinical and business success that she has had. The curriculum is designed to give you all the skills you need to help anyone, no matter their signs, symptoms or diagnosis.
How does Functional Nutrition Lab differ from other Functional Medicine and nutrition training programs?
Functional Nutrition Lab differs from other Functional Medicine and nutrition training in several ways. In many other trainings, there’s a focus on the theoretical. What Andrea is able to do, after working with hundreds of clients and thousands of class participants, is translate the theoretical into the practical. She wants you to have the clinical and business success that she has had, so she teaches you how to implement your knowledge to truly help people get well.
Full Body Systems is the only training program that teaches the following 4 key skills in building a thriving Functional Nutrition practice:
1. The art of connection: Learn how to create rapport and connection with your client, how to ask the right questions to find the root cause of their health issues, and tap into their motivations. Both your client compliance and clinical success will skyrocket.
2. In-depth anatomy and physiology through the lens of food and nutrition: How does food meet physiology? Food meets physiology differently in each of us because none of us are the same as any other. FNL teaches you to see what others cannot see—what’s going on in the unique body of your particular client.
3. Integrating your client’s unique physiology into their healing protocol: How to take the knowledge gained about the unique physiology of your client, along with his/her unique motivations (learned from the art of connection), to create individualized nutrition plans for your clients and patients that they will actually follow.
4. How to gain the respect of your client’s medical team: Work in tandem with physicians and other medical professionals, and become a true partner and advocate for your client.
Above all else, the support and mentorship provided by Andrea and her team are one of a kind. They guide you through case studies and answer your toughest questions so you can practice with confidence.
Will I receive a certification upon completion of Full Body Systems?
Yes! Once you complete your training and pass the Certification exams, you will be certified as a Functional Nutrition Alliance Certified Functional Nutrition Counselor (CFNC).
You will also receive a Certificate of Completion, CEUs (if you’re in a licensing body that requires and acknowledges our CEUs), and the FBS badge to use on your website or marketing materials.
By completing FBS, you can earn up to 30 category 1 continuing education units with the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, 40 CEUs with Health Coach Alliance, and 60 CEUs with National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching.
As a next step after Full Body Systems, we offer an advanced practicum program for people who want to take their practical counseling skills to the next level. Upon completion of Full Body Systems, you’ll be eligible to apply for admission into that program to become a Certified Functional Nutritionist and Lifestyle Practitioner (FNLP). (Note: FNLP is a separate program available only to FBS graduates who apply and are accepted to the program.)
Does Full Body Systems offer a certificate in Functional Nutrition or integrative nutrition certification online?
Once you complete the FBS curriculum and pass the Certification exam, you’ll be certified as a Functional Nutrition Alliance Certified Functional Nutrition Counselor (CFNC).
You will also receive a Certificate of Completion, CEUs (if you’re in a licensing body that requires and acknowledges our CEUs), and the FBS badge to use on your website or marketing materials.
Will I receive continuing education units (CEUs) upon completion of the Full Body Systems Nutrition Training Program?
By completing FBS, you can earn up to 30 category 1 continuing education units with the National Association of Nutrition Professionals and 40 CEUs with the Health Coach Alliance.
Additionally, through your participation in Full Body Systems, you are also approved for up to 60 CE units with the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching. (Provider #100194)
Will I be able to start practicing after completing Full Body Systems?
Functional Nutrition Lab is not a licensing body, and licensing laws vary by state and country. If you can legally practice as a health coach or other health practitioner, Full Body Systems is the best next step for learning how to practice confidently and effectively. Andrea is a stand for putting this information into practice because she knows the best practitioners are created that way. We encourage you to get started, even if it’s just one test client.
We continue to see graduates of Full Body Systems create successful practices based on what they’ve learned here. FBS has given them the tools and the confidence to fulfill their dreams of really helping people.
And if you’re located in the United States, here’s a resource that will help you figure out the laws where you live. Please note that this information doesn’t constitute legal or career advice. This is simply an interpretation of state statutes and regulations, and cannot substitute for legal counsel.
Will Full Body Systems help me grow my business?
Full Body Systems has been the pivotal training for many practitioners who want to grow their nutrition businesses. Upon completion of this nutrition immersion program, you will have both the clinical and people skills to grow your business by referral.
People want to get better, and when you’re able to solve cases that others found unsolvable, the referrals will likely begin to pour in.
Full Body Systems is not a business program per se, but we teach practitioners to grow their business the old fashioned way: by doing great work that gets people talking.
This training will help you build a thriving business—one where your clients become raving fans and you become known as the go-to practitioner.
Watch the video of the Full Body Systems Graduate Success Panel where one of our Full Body Systems graduates discusses the trajectory of her holistic health practice over the last year.
What is Andrea Nakayama’s background and training?
Andrea’s education includes the following:
- Certified Nutrition Educator (CNE) and Certified
- Nutrition Counselor (CNC)
- Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC)
- Masters of Human Nutrition & Functional Medicine
- Select Institute of Functional Medicine training programs and modules
- Continuing education in areas of specialty such as thyroid disorder, autoimmunity, and Functional lab diagnostics
Andrea is the very first Functional Nutrition & Lifestyle Practitioner (FNLP) and has created the certifying body for this credential.
Accolades of Note:
- Winner of 2015 National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) Impact award.
- Winner of 2016 NANP Service Award for her leadership in the field of nutrition.
- Nominated for 2017 Evolution of Medicine Top Educator award.
- Nominated for 2018 Evolution of Medicine Top Educator award.
- Winner of 2018 Evolution of Medicine Media of the Year award for the 15-Minute Matrix podcast.
Andrea has been featured in Oprah’s O Magazine and Martha Stewart’s Whole Living, and has made regular contributions to Experience Life Magazine, and numerous online conferences including Sean Croxton’s Second Opinion Series, where she is a crowd favorite. She was also a co-producer of the Hashimoto’s Institute Summit and practitioner training program.
Andrea is now regularly consulted as the nutrition expert on the medical teams for the toughest clinical cases in the practices of world-renowned doctors.
Are there any payment options?
Please connect with an Admissions Advisor here to discuss payment options.
What is the return policy?
You may withdraw from the Full Body Systems course for any reason within 14 days of the class starting, and request a full refund of the course tuition already paid. See the refund policy for more details.